KEY SECTOR TRENDS
- Rising costs and inadequate funding leading to gap in public sector resources and availability to attract & retain top talent
- Changing of the Guard in influential nations a possible leading indicator of changing political reform
- Information sharing revolutionizing the way in which education is delivered, thus, posing a risk to traditional university models
- Strong demand for government insight, regulatory awareness and legal political knowledge
- Increased need for legal advice pertaining policy development and employment law
- Advanced information sharing applications leading to an increase in the need for more robust privacy and confidentiality protection measures
WHAT WE KNOW
Government and institutions, as with the all major sectors, are not immune to the market forces and challenges which are responsible for shaping an entirely new era. Rapidly changing technology innovation, a dramatic shift in population age (and related purchasing behavior), political and economic uncertainty, and constant funding challenges are all contributing to a complete paradigm shift in the way in which public and private sectors operate.
As seasoned experts begin to exit the workforce, new talent will become a precious commodity in government, healthcare and universities as new solutions are sought to bridge the gap in public demands and the new age of consumer expectation reaches an unprecedented level.
ADVANCING THE LEGAL INDUSTRY
At McInnes Cooper, we play an active role in the advancement of our clients and the industries in which they progressively participate. As such, our responsibility extends beyond providing basic, legal advice—we are your true advocates and we fulfill this role in the most literal sense.
In light of the aforementioned, dramatic change in the market landscape, you require partners with an in-depth understanding of the complexity and convoluted nature of political and/or commercial practice. We are well connected and have a longstanding history of working with federal, provincial and municipal government bodies, industry regulators, public entities and private institutions and corporations. We provide the legal advice you require to make informed political and/or commercial decisions resulting in a positive impact for key stakeholders.
OUR LEGAL EXPERTISE
- corporate governance
- policy development
- privacy & confidentiality
- labour relations & collective agreements
- dispute resolution
- liability & risk management
- pensions & benefits