A business’s social responsibility is more than meeting quotas for diversity: to build a sustainable future we must build stronger societies. We are here to advise your business on how to best interact with the workforce, and the communities around it to make a difference. Now more than ever before, companies are determining how best to address their ESG-related risks and are facing mounting public pressure to do so in a meaningful way.
• Crisis management like public health emergencies, strikes/labour disputes, data breaches)
• Whistleblower and codes of conduct
• Immigration: movement under international treaties, procurement of Labour Market Impact Assessments (LMIA’S) from Service Canada, Issuance and Renewal of Temporary Work Permits, Applications for Permanent Residency, Application for Canadian Citizenship and Criminal Inadmissibility
• Professional regulation/misconduct
• Consumer protection
• Product safety/liability
• Indigenous Self-government and relations like forming economic partnerships between indigenous and non-indigenous businesses, advising Band Councils
Subscribe to McInnes Cooper to stay current with our leading insights on legal updates, trends, news, events, and services.