Advancements in technology have drastically impacted the media and entertainment industries, and will continue to do so. Content creation, distribution and consumption have become more complex in light of evolving digital trends.
With these changes come new business opportunities and nuanced legal challenges. McInnes Cooper can help guide you in all aspects of the law. Providing advice grounded in years of experience across service areas, we recommend best practices to help you avoid common pitfalls of the media and entertainment worlds.
McInnes Cooper has represented media and entertainment clients in Atlantic Canada with national and international reach. Our lawyers offer support on a broad range of legal matters, including:
- film/production financing
- pre-publication advice
- dispute resolution
- agency, joint venture, production, distribution agreements
- title clearance
- writer, director, actor agreements
- treatment, script, ‘rough cut’ reviews
- copyright clearance/registration
- trademark clearance/registration
- breach of privacy
- appropriation of personality