Whether you are a franchisor or a franchisee, we have the skills and experience to protect your interests in all aspects of your business. McInnes Cooper lawyers assist franchise clients by:
- Advising on the application of franchise legislation and regulations
- Advising on the start-up of new franchise systems
- Defending tort claims
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating franchise agreements
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial leases and other real-property agreements
- Enforcing franchise agreements and obtaining franchise-related injunctions
- Facilitating the purchase and sale of existing franchise units and systems
- Facilitating secured financing transactions
- Mediating or litigating commercial disputes
- Preparing and reviewing disclosure documents
- Registering and licensing Trade Marks
We provide advice on developments in franchise law regimes and engage legislative drafters and policy makers on our clients’ behalf.
McInnes Cooper is a Support Services Member of the Canadian Franchise Association.