A native of Saint John, New Brunswick, Terry holds a Bachelor of Arts degree (Economics) from Carleton University and his Bachelor of Laws degree from the University of New Brunswick. He was called to the New Brunswick Bar in 1978 and received his Queen’s Counsel designation in December, 2000. Terry is also a certified Family Enterprise Advisor (FEA). He has been included in Best Lawyers in Canada for his practice in Banking and Financial Restructuring Law and Corporate Law for the third consecutive year, was recently named 2014 Saint John Banking and Finance Lawyer of the Year, and is ranked in the 2014 Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory.
Terry practices business law, representing local, provincial, national and international clients in New Brunswick which includes, financings, mergers and acquisitions, private equity financing, start-ups, reorganizations, agency matters, commercial real estate development and financing, licensing, regulatory matters, public funding program applications, governance advice to owners and management, succession planning, general legal advice to SME owners, management and their families (including real estate, wills, probate and estate matters).
Terry is actively involved in community, national and international associations including:
- Counsel – Aquaculture Association of Canada
- Counsel – VON (Saint John) Inc.
- Counsel – Southern New Brunswick Gateway Council
- Counsel – New Brunswick Salmon Growers Association
- Counsel – Saint John Condominium Association # 10 (Robertson’s Wharf)
- Director – Destination Marketing Organization (Saint John Tourism)
- Director and Vice-President – Turnbull Nursing Home Ltd.
- Director – Union Club (Saint John)
- Director (Past President) – Fernhill Cemetery Company
- Member- Saint John Executive Association Inc.
- Member – Saint John Board of Trade
- Member – State Capital Group – (International Association of Independent Law Firms)
- Past Member – Planning Advisory Committee (Saint John)
Terry is a member of the Saint John Law Society, the New Brunswick Law Society and the Canadian Bar Association. He has served the legal profession as a panel member on Environmental Permitting – Aquaculture for the N.B. Law Society Continuing Legal Education program and as editor of the New Brunswick Law Digest for Martindale-Hubbell.
LL.B., University of New Brunswick
B.A. (Economics), Carleton University