Office Support Assistant - Halifax
Are you an Administrative Professional looking for a new and exciting challenge? Have you ever considered a transition into a law firm?
McInnes Cooper is seeking a motivated and proactive Office Support Assistant to join our Legal Services team in our Halifax office for a full time permanent position. This position will provide general administration support to our Legal Support Services team ensuring the overall operational needs of the team are met.
As an Office Support Assistant, you will be responsible for:
- Document preparation duties including preparation of letters/transcribing documents, scan, print, and making copies;
- File management of documents both in paper and electronic formats;
- Arrange deliveries and couriers, including hand deliveries when necessary;
- Assist with the management of files including opening and closing files;
- Enter time entries for lawyers in the firm’s finance software;
- Prepare client invoices and expense claims;
- Schedule and coordinate meetings; and,
- Perform other related duties as required.
The successful candidate will possess the following skill set:
- Office/Legal Administration Diploma or related education or transferable administrative experience;
- Exceptional time management; excel in a demanding, high-pace environment, highly detail-oriented, and be flexible to changing priorities;
- Exceptional technology skills, with proficiency in all aspects of Microsoft Office;
- Exceptional communication skills, a special focus on client service and the highest degree of professionalism;
- Working in a team environment, the successful candidate will be strong team player and have high personal integrity; and,
- Strong interpersonal skills and independent judgment.
WHY MCINNES COOPER?
At McInnes Cooper, you will find a team that values you. We recognize that our members are key in delivering outstanding client service and we provide a collaborative, professional environment with a member focused culture. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment that values, respects and supports different perspectives, cultures and experiences.
This role offers an exceptional compensation package including a competitive salary, defined-benefit pension plan and Firm-paid health and dental benefits, Health Spending Account, Wellness Spending Account as well as Vacation, Personal & Sick Days.