Document Specialist - flexible location
Are you a Microsoft Office expert who enjoys preparing and creating advanced level documents? Do you enjoy working in a fast paced, team environment in which you learn everyday and are challenged to grow professionally?
McInnes Cooper is seeking a motivated and proactive Document Specialist to join our team for a full-time, 12-month term position. As part of our WordPro team, you will provide advanced document production and administrative support to lawyers and legal support staff across the firm. Our new team member may be located in any of our office locations (Halifax, St. John’s, Fredericton, Moncton, Saint John and Charlottetown).
As a Document Specialist, you will be responsible for providing advanced support in document preparation including but not limited to:
- Converting, creating, editing, combining, optimizing/condensing and preparing fillable and searchable PDF forms;
- Providing advanced functions including:
- Tables of contents, styles, cross-references, hyperlinking, automatic numbering;
- Email and mail merges (including envelopes/labels/name tags/tent cards); and,
- Formatting complex documents (e.g. factums, agreements, prospectuses, circulars, etc.).
- Transcribing digital voice recognition, voice recorded and handwritten dictation;
- Comparing (Using CompareDocs) and Comparing (Using Word);
- Converting, creating, editing, combining, optimizing and preparing fillable PDF forms
- Formatting and printing excel sheets;
- Precedents: Search and convert precedents; add new precedents to database, profile in Worksite, index and maintain; and,
- Create, open or insert documents such as organizational charts, bar graphs and pie charts, using Visio or Excel, create and revise PowerPoint presentations including updating backgrounds of old presentations, combining presentations and formatting PowerPoint documents.
The successful candidate will possess the following skill set:
- The ideal candidate will have Office Administration, Legal Assistant diploma or other related education;
- Minimum five (5) years’ related experience;
- Advanced-level technical skills in Microsoft Office required;
- Expert Knowledge of CompareDocs, and various Adobe and Nuance products;
- Knowledge of WestlawNext, Canadian Legal Information Institute (CanLII) and other online services;
- Ability to type with a speed of 80-100 words per minute;
- Knowledge of legal terminology, documents and procedures an asset; and,
- Microsoft Office Specialist Certification is an asset.
WHY MCINNES COOPER?
At McInnes Cooper you will find a team that values you. We recognize that our members are key in delivering outstanding client service and we provide a collaborative, professional environment with a member focused culture. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment that values, respects and supports different perspectives, cultures and experiences.
This role offers an exceptional compensation package including a competitive compensation package including firm-paid health and dental benefits as well as vacation and sick time.