KEY SECTOR TRENDS
- Changing of the Guard in influential nations a possible leading indicator of business & tax policy amendments
- Aging workforce and the impending shift of generational decision power
- Market volatility and instability leading investors to seek alpha from tax planning strategies
- Regulatory awareness and insight required to attribute the complexity of business and investment structures
- Increased need for legal advice pertaining to the purchase and sale of businesses as Boomer generation exits the workforce
- Growth of trust/estate/tax planning and related demand for legal services resulting from aging population and weak market performance
WHAT WE KNOW
Value, as defined by many private clients, has little to do with monetary worth and everything to do with the long term, well-being and lifestyle satisfaction of their loved ones. Understanding the rudiments of such value is the first step toward successfully implementing a sound strategy for business longevity & succession, capital preservation and legacy sustainability.
In the face of mundane, economic uncertainty and broad-spanning political instability, private clients continue to seek legal, financial and practical business insight to grow and protect the success they have worked so hard to establish and accumulate. Confidence in the management of and guidance through such integral business and personal affairs is paramount and a mandatory qualification of prospective private client partners.
ADVANCING THE LEGAL INDUSTRY
At McInnes Cooper, we believe in playing an active role in the advancement of our private clients’ needs—both from a business and personal standpoint. As such, we believe our responsibility extends beyond providing basic, legal advice—we are your true advocates and we fulfill this role in the most literal sense.
Our team of private client lawyers exist to grant you peace of mind and confidence in the management of all legal matters. Using a proven, seamless approach to servicing all aspects pertaining to private business and personal legal administration, the lawyers at McInnes Cooper are proud to serve as your strategic planning partners.
OUR LEGAL EXPERTISE
- business/tax/succession planning
- employee agreements
- purchase and sale of business
- family business dispute resolution
- investment structuring
- family charities & philanthropy
- domestic/international estates & inheritance
- executorships & executor advice
- estate planning/administration
- trust & estate litigation & dispute resolution
- incapacity & elder law
- trusts, settlements & foundations
- real estate
- tax planning
- private wealth transactions