We acknowledge that our operations have an impact on the environment, which is why McInnes Cooper is dedicated to minimizing those effects to the greatest extent possible. To achieve this goal, we’ve made changes to how we function by engaging the commitment of our members, working with green energy clients, and partnering with conservation organizations.
Our areas of focus are waste management, energy consumption, business travel, and commuting. Some of the initiatives McInnes Cooper has implemented include:
- Duplex defaults on all duplex the default on all firm, resulting in an annual reduction of 5 million sheets of paper compared to 2010
- Planting 7,000 trees since 2014 to mitigate paper usage
- Sustainable coffee machines that use biodegradable pods and packaging
- Eco-volunteer projects, such as the Great Fundy Coastal Cleanup
- A public transit subsidy and participation in the SmartTrip EPass program in Halifax
- Coverage of CarShare membership fees
- Encouraged use of conferencing software versus business travel
- Investment in clean energy projects, including solar panels on the Dalhousie Schulich School of Law Weldon Building and a solar panel awning at the Hope Blooms Community Kitchen.
- Partnership with land conservation organizations: