Property Paralegal - Halifax
Are you looking for a new and exciting challenge? Do you enjoy working at a fast pace, with multiple priorities? Do you excel working in a collaborative team environment in which you learn and contribute to a team everyday and where you are challenged to grow professionally?
Our Real Property team is seeking an experienced Property Paralegal to join our Halifax office in a full-time permanent position. As part of the Real Property team, you will support the real property lawyers in our Halifax office, ensuring the needs of our clients are exceeded with every interaction.
As a Property Paralegal, you will be responsible for the following:
- Assisting in all aspects of commercial, condominium, new construction and subdivision property files;
- Assisting with share and purchase transactions, commercial financings, developer and condominium sales by reviewing and drafting closing documents, including resolutions, officers’ certificates, and security documents for financings;
- Preparing closing books and drafting reporting letters and opinions; and,
- Conducting all accounting related processes for all property transactions, including liaising with financial institutions to obtain mortgage releases and to deposit closing funds.
The successful candidate will possess the following skill set:
- The ideal candidate will have a Paralegal or Legal Administration diploma or other related education, with experience in a legal support role;
- 3-5 years experience assisting with commercial property an/or residential property matters
- Experience in drafting land registry office (LRO) forms for subdivisions and submitting Parcel Description Certification Applications (PDCAs) for new developments;
- Experience with historical title searching and migrations;
- Exceptional technology skills, with proficiency in all aspects of Microsoft Office and legal billing systems;
- Excel in a demanding, high-pace team environment, be highly detail-oriented, and be flexible to changing priorities;
- Excellent communication skills, a special focus on client service and the highest degree of professionalism; and,
- A positive and collaborative team player with the highest level of personal integrity, always assisting others to ensure the overall team goals are achieved.
WHY MCINNES COOPER?
At McInnes Cooper, you will find a team that values you. We recognize that our members are key in delivering outstanding client service and we provide a collaborative, professional environment with a member focused culture. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment that values, respects and supports different perspectives, cultures and experiences.
This role offers an exceptional compensation package including a competitive salary, defined-benefit pension plan and Firm-paid health and dental benefits, Health Spending Account, Wellness Spending Account as well as Vacation, Personal & Sick Days