Litigation Paralegal - St. John's
Are you an experienced legal administrative professional looking for a new and exciting opportunity? Do you excel in providing exceptional client service while working in a fast-paced, innovative and collaborative environment in which you learn everyday?
Our Litigation team is seeking a Litigation Paralegal to join our St. John’s office in a full-time permanent position. As part of the Litigation services team, you will provide support to the litigation team regionally.
As a Litigation Paralegal, you will be responsible for:
- Preparing correspondence, legal documents, various court documents and orders;
- File preparation, organization and management, utilizing a bring forward system to monitor progress of all files including monitoring expiry dates, filing deadlines and limitation periods;
- Managing all aspects of the preparation of Lists of Documents including privilege/relevancy review;
- Respond, track and manage undertakings;
- Liaise with clients, private investigators, opposing parties, witnesses, etc.; respond to requests for information;
- Record all billable/non-billable functions daily;
- Preparation and registration of Judgments;
- Using ediscovery technology to manage large, document intensive files;
- Research case law using WestlawNext and Canadian Legal Information Institute (CanLII);
- Being creative, sharing ideas, learning from others and sharing your skills and knowledge; and,
- Challenging yourself and your team every day and having fun while doing so!
The successful candidate will possess the following skill set:
- The ideal candidate will have a Paralegal or Legal Administration diploma or the equivalent combination of experience and related education;
- Minimum two (2) years experience as a Legal Assistant or Paralegal within the litigation field;
- Exceptional technology skills, with proficiency in all aspects of Microsoft Office, legal billing systems and a genuine interest in keeping up to date with the newest technology;
- Excel in a demanding, high-pace team environment, be highly detail-oriented, and be flexible to changing priorities;
- Exceptional communication skills, a special focus on client service and the highest degree of professionalism;
- Experience with e-discovery technology and litigation software as asset; and,
- A positive attitude and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment.
WHY MCINNES COOPER?
At McInnes Cooper you will find a team that values you. We recognize that our members are key in delivering outstanding client service and we provide a collaborative, professional environment with a member focused culture. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment that values, respects and supports different perspectives, cultures and experiences.
This role offers an exceptional compensation package including a competitive salary, defined-benefit pension plan and Firm-paid health and dental benefits, Health Spending Account, Wellness Spending Account as well as Vacation, Personal & Sick Days.