Litigation Paralegal - Halifax
Do you excel in providing exceptional client service while working in a fast-paced, innovative and collaborative environment in which you learn everyday? Do you enjoy challenging yourself and your team every day and having fun while doing so?
Our team is seeking a Litigation Paralegal to join our firm in a full-time permanent position based in our Halifax office. As part of the litigation services team, you will provide support to our litigation team as needed during the litigation process on general litigation files including; insurance, commercial and construction.
As a Litigation Paralegal, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting in preparation for and attending discoveries, trials and hearings as requested;
- Managing all aspects of the preparation of Affidavits of Documents and document production, maintaining undertakings, and preparation and registration of Judgments;
- Using ediscovery technology to manage large, document intensive files;
- Communicating with clients, opposing parties, witnesses and court personnel;
- Provide full cycle support with Pleadings & Affidavit of Documents;
- Provide full cycle support for Discoveries, Trial and Hearing process;
- File maintenance and preparation, monitoring, organization and management, utilizing a bring forward system to monitor progress of all files including monitoring expiry dates, filing deadlines and limitation periods; and,
- Being creative, sharing ideas, learning from others and sharing your skills and knowledge.
The successful candidate will possess the following skill set:
- The ideal candidate will have a Paralegal or Legal Administration diploma or the equivalent combination of experience and related education;
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Legal Assistant or Paralegal within litigation;
- Experience with e-discovery technology and litigation software;
- Exceptional technology skills, with proficiency in all aspects of Microsoft Office, legal billing systems and a genuine interest in keeping up to date with the newest technology;
- Excel in a demanding, high-pace team environment, be highly detail-oriented, and be flexible to changing priorities;
- Exceptional communication skills, a special focus on client service and the highest degree of professionalism; and,
- A positive attitude and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment.
WHY MCINNES COOPER?
At McInnes Cooper you will find a team that values you. We recognize that our members are key in delivering outstanding client service and we provide a collaborative, professional environment with a member focused culture. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment that values, respects and supports different perspectives, cultures and experiences.
This role offers an exceptional compensation package including a competitive salary, defined-benefit pension plan and firm-paid health and dental benefits, health spending account, wellness spending account as well as vacation, personal & sick days.