Labour & Employment Legal Assistant
Do you enjoy working in a team environment? Are you an experienced administrative professional looking for a new and exciting opportunity? Do you excel in providing exceptional client service while working in a fast-paced, innovative and collaborative environment in which you learn everyday?
McInnes Cooper is seeking a motivated and proactive Legal Assistant to join our Labour & Employment Legal Support Services team in our Halifax office. The incumbent will provide high quality administrative support within our labour & employment team; working to ensure all clients receive the highest level of service.
As a Legal Assistant, you will be responsible for:
- Working in a team environment assisting in the daily functions of a labour & employment practice group;
- Ensuring our lawyers’ practices are organized efficiently, and that clients’ expectations are consistently exceeded;
- Being creative, sharing ideas, learning from others and sharing your skills and knowledge; and,
- Challenging yourself and your team every day; and having fun while doing so!
The successful candidate will possess the following skill set:
- The ideal candidate will have a Paralegal or Legal Administration diploma or other related education;
- Minimum five (5) years experience in an administrative role; experience working in labour & employment law would be considered as asset;
- Exceptional technology skills, with proficiency in all aspects of Microsoft Office and a genuine interest in keeping up to date with the newest technology;
- Excel in a demanding, high-paced team environment, be highly detail-oriented, and flexible to changing priorities;
- Exceptional communication skills, a special focus on client service and the highest degree of professionalism; and,
- A positive attitude and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment.
WHY MCINNES COOPER?
At McInnes Cooper, you will find a team that values you. We recognize that our members are key in delivering outstanding client service and we provide a collaborative, professional environment with a member focused culture. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment that values, respects and supports different perspectives, cultures and experiences.
This role is a full time permanent opportunity that offers an exceptional compensation package including a competitive salary, defined-benefit pension plan and Firm-paid health and dental benefits, Health Spending Account, Wellness Spending Account as well as Vacation, Personal & Sick Days.