Hospitality & Meeting Coordinator - Halifax
Do you enjoy providing exceptional client service with a keen attention to detail, ensuring all clients’ needs are not only met but exceeded?
We are seeking an energetic, motivated, self-driven and client-focused team member to join our Legal Support Services team as the Hospitality & Meeting Coordinator in our Halifax office. This is a full-time permanent position.
As a Hospitality & Meeting Coordinator, you will be responsible for:
- Coordinate and manage event and meeting logistics with firm resources to determine catering and staffing requirements based on boardroom bookings and requests for functions;
- Set up and clean meeting rooms as required;
- Arrange for appropriate resources to ensure event is hosted with excellence; and,
- Upon completion of meeting/event, review overall effectiveness and make any recommendations for future events.
- Maintain and order refreshment supplies to maintain sufficient inventory;
- Ensure the cleanliness of the kitchen facilities; and,
- Monitor routine kitchen equipment to ensure they are functioning properly;
- Flexible to adjust work schedule based on event requirements;
- Occasional unassisted lifting of weights between 50 and 75 lbs;
- Frequent lifting of weights between 20 and 50 lbs; and,
- Additional related duties as required.
The successful candidate will possess the following skill set:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Hospitality Management or a related field;
- Two (2) years previous experience in the hospitality industry, preferably with event coordination experience; and,
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
WHY MCINNES COOPER?
At McInnes Cooper, you will find a team that values you. We recognize that our members are key in delivering outstanding client service and we provide a collaborative, professional environment with a member focused culture. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment that values, respects and supports different perspectives, cultures and experiences.
This role offers an exceptional compensation package including a competitive salary, defined-benefit pension plan and Firm-paid health and dental benefits, Health Spending Account, Wellness Spending Account as well as Vacation, Personal & Sick Days.