Document Centre Clerk - Halifax
Are you a motivated and proactive team player with a positive “can do” attitude, looking for a new and exciting challenge? Do you thrive in a fast-paced team environment in which you learn everyday and where you are challenged to think on your feet?
Our Office Services team is seeking a motivated and proactive Document Centre Clerk to join our team in our Halifax office for a part-time permanent opportunity, working twenty (20) hours per week. As part of the Office Services team, you will be a collaborative and innovative team player, providing primary support in our Document Centre; ensuring internal clients’ needs are exceeded with every interaction.
As a Document Centre Clerk you will be responsible for:
- Prioritizing, organizing and preparing volumes of files for scanning and/or copying;
- Managing fluctuating volumes of work and to set short term priorities;
- Performing quality analysis on the images to ensure readability, correct indexing, proper orientation and accessibility;
- Liaise with clients to manage expectations of work assigned, set priorities and clarify instructions, as necessary;
- Troubleshoot issues with photocopiers (in document centre and on floors) and other document production equipment (binding machines) and log support calls as required;
- Communicate with clients regarding large complex jobs and projects;
- Standing for long periods of time; and,
- Frequent lifting up to 50lbs.
The successful candidate will possess the following skill set:
- Grade 12 diploma from a recognized institution or three (3) years’ work experience in a similar role;
- Exceptional technology skills, with proficiency in all aspects of Microsoft Office in addition to a working knowledge of PDF Conversion programs for PDF editing;
- Above average knowledge of photocopying equipment including ability to trouble shoot;
- Strong organizational, attention to detail and time management skills for a high volume, deadline driven environment;
- Exceptional communication skills, a special focus on client service and the highest degree of professionalism;
- Knowledge of court requirements for document preparation would be an asset; and,
- A positive attitude and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment.
WHY MCINNES COOPER?
At McInnes Cooper, you will find a team that values you. We recognize that our members are key in delivering outstanding client service and we provide a collaborative, professional environment with a member focused culture. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment that values, respects and supports different perspectives, cultures and experiences.
This role offers an exceptional compensation package including a competitive salary, defined-benefit pension plan and Firm-paid health and dental benefits, Health Spending Account, Wellness Spending Account as well as Vacation, Personal & Sick Days.