Bilingual Corporate Transactions Paralegal - New Brunswick
Are you an experienced legal administrative professional looking for a new and exciting opportunity? Do you excel in providing exceptional client service while working in a fast-paced, innovative and collaborative environment in which you learn everyday?
Our Corporate Services team is seeking a Bilingual Corporate Transactions Paralegal to join our firm in a full-time permanent position. As part of the Corporate Services team, you will provide support within our corporate department. Our new team member will be preferably based in our Moncton office; however, we will consider applications in our Fredericton or Saint John office locations.
As a Bilingual Corporate Transactions Paralegal, you will be responsible for:
- The preparation of documentation and attending to filings related to a range of corporate transactions including, but not limited to, incorporations, name changes, director changes, registered office changes, business name registrations and renewals, extra-provincial registrations and other transactions as required related to both provincial and federal companies;
- Assisting in the preparation of closing documents, transaction record books and reporting;
- Profile and maintain minute books, including cataloguing and inputting of data;
- Maintain our Corporate Services database according to standard procedures;
- Act as a liaison between the firm and clients;
- Being creative, sharing ideas, learning from others and sharing your skills and knowledge; and,
- Challenging yourself and your team every day; and having fun while doing so!
The successful candidate will possess the following skill set:
- Spoken and written proficiency in both French and English;
- The ideal candidate will have a Paralegal or Legal Administration diploma or other related education;
- Minimum two (2) years experience as a Legal Assistant or Paralegal preferably within the corporate field;
- Exceptional technology skills, with proficiency in all aspects of Microsoft Office and legal billing systems;
- Exceptional communication skills, a special focus on client service and the highest degree of professionalism; and,
- Experience with Emergent and knowledge management software and government websites would be an asset.
WHY MCINNES COOPER?
At McInnes Cooper you will find a team that values you. We recognize that our members are key in delivering outstanding client service and we provide a collaborative, professional environment with a member focused culture. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment that values, respects and supports different perspectives, cultures and experiences.
This role offers an exceptional compensation package including a competitive salary, defined-benefit pension plan and Firm-paid health and dental benefits, Health Spending Account, Wellness Spending Account as well as Vacation, Personal & Sick Days.