Accounting Clerk - Halifax
Do you enjoy working and learning within multiple disciplines of accounting? Do you excel in providing exceptional client service while working in a fast-paced and collaborative team environment in which you are challenged to think of new ways to do things?
McInnes Cooper is seeking a motivated and proactive Accounting Clerk to join our Accounting and Finance team in our Halifax office for an eighteen (18) month term position. The incumbent will provide high quality accounts payable, receivable and trust support within our firm; working to ensure all internal and external clients receive the highest level of client service.
As an Accounting Clerk, you will be responsible for:
- Maintaining all daily processing and inquiries related to:
- Accounts Payable: firm member expense reports and vendor invoices
- Accounts Receivable: cash receipts, including incoming client calls
- Trust: disbursements, deposits, investments, bank wires
- Prepare bank reconciliations;
- Assist with support tasks, including filing; and,
- Perform other duties as required.
The successful candidate will possess the following skill set:
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or Diploma in Finance Accounting, or Business;
- Minimum two years of related experience;
- Proficient in data entry and Microsoft Excel with exceptional attention to detail; and,
- Experience with Elite 3E and/or Chrome River; knowledge of provincial law society trust account rules and experience working in a professional services environment will be considered an asset.
WHY MCINNES COOPER?
At McInnes Cooper, you will find a team that values you. We recognize that our members are key in delivering outstanding client service and we provide a collaborative, professional environment with a member focused culture. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment that values, respects and supports different perspectives, cultures and experiences.
This role offers a competitive compensation package including firm-paid health and dental benefits as well as vacation and sick time.