Steeped in maritime lore, our Region’s fish and seafood industry has made Atlantic Canada famous. With our Maritime roots, we have long provided legal advice to our clients in the fish and seafood industry – from the fishers to the processors, distributors and aquaculture farmers – gaining insight into their unique legal needs so we can deliver the effective legal solutions they require.
We continue to learn from and to grow with our region’s fish and seafood industry members, providing the legal support they need as they lead the country and the world in developing this critical industry.
Our team can provide members of the fish and seafood industry with the legal know how to reach their business objectives, including:
• Financing (Traditional and Non-Traditional)
• Cross-Border Issues (e.g., Contracting)
• Business succession, estate and tax planning
• Environmental Compliance, and Regulation and Assessment Processes
• Regulatory Compliance, Permitting and Licensing
• Commercializing new technologies
• Branding and trademark advice
• Aboriginal Law
McInnes Cooper is a member of the Atlantic Food & Beverage Processors Association.