4Front Atlantic Conference is about mobilizing for change and competing differently
October 6, 2011
We are delighted to support the inaugural 4Front Atlantic Conference taking place in Halifax this Friday, October 7th. 4Front Atlantic Conference is about mobilizing for change and competing differently in order to be at the forefront of success in the new global economy. As the topics being discussed are critical to many people who live, work and are passionate about Atlantic Canada or who do business in the region, we invite you to join the discussion online.
The conference will be webcast live throughout the day and can be viewed at www.4frontatlantic.com, beginning at 8:30 am (Atlantic). Or follow the discussion on Twitter @4frontatlantic or URL: http://twitter.com/#!/4frontatlantic and by using the hashtag #4front. Don’t forget to check out the “Read and Share “ section of the website for pre-conference materials. An archive of the conference will also be made available following the conference and can be found at www.4frontatlantic.com.
The world economy is at a pivotal point: Globalization, the economic gravity shift to Asia and other emerging markets, and the demographics of aging in advanced economies are impending realities and serious opportunities. Atlantic Canada has the most challenging demographics of any region of Canada; our trade is most concentrated in countries and regions that are not beneficiaries of the global economic gravity shift, and we lag a Canadian innovation and productivity performance that itself is lagging OECD countries. We need to proactively reshape ourselves to expand our potential, or risk being reactively reshaped by global trends.
The 4Front Atlantic Conference, hosted by BMO Financial Group and McInnes Cooper, will seek to develop strategies to help us seize the best opportunities for Atlantic Canadians in this changing world order.
Among the Speakers
- The Right Honourable David Johnston, C.C., C.M.M., C.O.M., C.D., Governor General of Canada
- The Honourable David Emerson, former Minister of International Trade and thought leader on Asia and globalization
- The Honourable Kevin G. Lynch, P.C., Vice-Chair, BMO Financial Group
- Ed Greenspon, Vice-President, Torstar/Toronto Star
- Stewart Beck, High Commissioner to the Republic of India
- John Sloan, Canadian Ambassador to Russia
- Jamal Khokhar, Canadian Ambassador to Brazil
- Dr. Nancy Mathis, Executive Director, Wallace McCain Institute, UNB
- Guillermo Rishchynski, Canadian Ambassador and Permanent Representative to the United Nations
- Tom Jenkins, Executive Chairman and Chief Strategy Officer, OpenText
- Dr. Tom Traves, President, Dalhousie University
- Dr. Alaa Abd-El-Aziz, President, University of Prince Edward Island
- Yvon Fontaine, President, Université de Moncton
- Nancy Tower, CEO, Emera Newfoundland and Labrador
- Stephen Poloz, President and CEO, Export Development Corporation
- Andrea Feunekes, Co-CEO, Remsoft Inc.
- Yuen Pau Woo, President and CEO, Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada
- Jo Mark Zurel, President, Stonebridge Capital; Chair, St. John’s Board of Trade
- Mike Ashar, CEO, Irving Oil
- Gordon Pitts, Senior Writer, Report on Business, Globe and Mail
- J.P. Deveau, President, Acadian Seaplants
- Sherry Huang, Chief Executive Officer, Study Abroad Canada Inc.
- Ian Smith, CEO, Clearwater Seafoods Ltd.
- Share with others